Sunday, February 15, 2015

Worlds Without Number for Mine Own Purpose / Lloyd




And it came to pass that Moses called upon God, saying: Tell me, I pray thee, why these things are so, and by what thou madest them?  
. . . And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose  
. . . But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them . . .
And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof even so shall another come; and there is no end to my works, neither to my words.
For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.   


Comment
God reveals to Moses that his purpose is to bring to pass man’s immortality (body and spirit -- a unified living soul, never again to be separated in death) and eternal life (eternal family life, or continuing progeny without end).

If family life is the work and glory of God and the purpose of his endless creations, then our behavior and desires contrary to this end will necessarily require a Savior and an Atonement and an acknowledgement through personal confession that we have been at odds with our Father-in-Heaven’s purposes -- but no longer.

No matter what kingdom we merit as a result of mortality, resurrected beings may not exist in rebellion to Heavenly Father.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Have a Baby / Lloyd

I was a graduate student at Yeshiva University on a fellowship with a living stipend that included my wife and children. We had two daughter...