Saturday, February 20, 2010

When girlfriends become mothers / Lloyd

I facilitate a Poetry Reading and Writing Group at a forensic psychiatric hospital. We were talking about relationships, and I wrote the following to illustrate how relationships are dynamic. Your girlfriend may become your wife, your wife may become pregnant, but everything changes when she becomes a mother.




I married my girlfriend.
And when she became pregnant
she moved about clumsily,
but we were much the same.
















Then when my girlfriend gave birth,
she became a mother;
I became a father.
And we had to become reacquainted.


dynamic relationship--lloyd



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the introduction to clarify it for me. It is very true that motherhood unlocks aspects of women that are amazing to behold.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Have a Baby / Lloyd

I was a graduate student at Yeshiva University on a fellowship with a living stipend that included my wife and children. We had two daughter...