Saturday, March 12, 2011

Taking Care of Dad - An Update / Judy

We've gone two full weeks now with no sign of a UTI so we're feeling pretty good. In fact, Dad seems to be doing remarkably well. He got a haircut yesterday--the lady who cuts my hair comes over to the house and does his--and he looks probably ten years younger. Also, his face has filled out so he doesn't look so gaunt.

I think it really helps that Lloyd has been home for the past two weeks to help. Between the two of us we take very good care of him. We care for his hair, his skin, his teeth, his fingernails, his diet, and his "intake and outgo".  During his dinnertime we've started reading him a Tony Hillerman book about a Navajo Tribal policeman in the four-corners region; he thoroughly enjoys hearing about that area that he knows so well. It's true that everybody likes to be read to, no matter what your age.

Meanwhile Lloyd continues to get better. He can wear a regular shoe for up to two hours a day now and today he drove for the first time (to a near-by home teaching appt). Last night we went out to dinner for the first time since his surgery and he did all right but was tired and limping by the time we came home. Actually, it was the first time he's left the house, except for two post-op doctor's appointments.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Grandpa is doing better and that Dad is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I?m amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that?s both educative and entertaining, and let me
    tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.

    The issue is something that too few folks are speaking intelligently about.

    I am very happy that I found this in my hunt for something concerning this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered your website accidentally, and I'm shocked why this twist of fate did not took place in advance!
    I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Have a Baby / Lloyd

I was a graduate student at Yeshiva University on a fellowship with a living stipend that included my wife and children. We had two daughter...