Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun Weekend / Judy

On Friday I went to the Easter concert that Hilary was in and it was wonderful! It really put us all in the right mood for Easter. My favorite song was the women's chorus singing "Come and see"...the empty tomb. But I also liked the men's chorus singing "O Strengthen Me" because I thought how true it was that men often needed strengthening. They have to bear the weight of the family's well-being and I know it can be hard. And that's why we love and appreciate them. I sat with Dave and Spencer and at one point Spencer said, "My mom is simply gorgeous." 

Saturday night Lloyd had the day off so we went to the Melodrama, which is always a blast. The play was "The Nerd" and it was hilarious. Lloyd said although it was really funny, you didn't need so much "suspension of disbelief" as you usually do there. The place was full, probably sold out and that always makes it more exciting.

Sunday morning, Easter, began VERY early as Ben and I both woke up at 5:00 am to take him to the airport for his trip to Utah. He's staying with the Smalley's and also going to visit BYU to have an audition. He wants to get on the acting track in the drama department and he needs to audition for that. He'll be back Tuesday night.

I enjoyed church a lot and I also liked teaching my Sunday School class (16 and 17-year-olds). I used a lot of the information Lloyd gave in his blog and they seemed to respond well. For dinner, Michael and Matthew were here and also the Anderson's and the Kleinman's came down so there 9 adults and 11 children. Great fun and what a great way to spend Easter! 

1 comment:

  1. so fun! Thanks for the card, Mom! I got it today and it was so sweet and special!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Have a Baby / Lloyd

I was a graduate student at Yeshiva University on a fellowship with a living stipend that included my wife and children. We had two daughter...