Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas / Judy

When there's only adults at home, Christmas is different than it used to be. For one thing, we got up about 10:00 am to exchange presents. Ironically, we had to  wake up Ben, and of course Grandpa felt like he was getting up in the middle of the night. Presents were wonderful and at this age, you're as excited about the things you give as you are about what you get. Except, I have to say, I was very excited to get a new digital camera! Several of the kids pitched in to get it for me and now I can't wait to learn how to use it. Maybe I could even put pictures on this blog--what an idea! Lloyd gave me a piece of luggage so I can now come visit everybody in style and a couple beautiful sweaters; Jen and Uche gave us a gorgeous clock that I will ask Kristen to come help me hang in just the right place; and Kristen and Nathan gave us an embossser that I'm going to use to stamp all our books. Ben gave Lloyd a hat and me a book, "Eat, Pray, Love," that he says all the actresses he knows are reading. Should be interesting.

Lloyd gave me another present that's special to me. On our first anniversary, he gave me a charm bracelet with the liberty bell on it because we were living in Philadelphia. Then he gave me another charm when he graduated from Penn, another when Jen was born and also Kristen. Then the price of gold went through the roof and we couldn't afford charms any more. But this Christmas he gave me the bracelet all shined up and with a new charm--a silver trumpet (white gold) for Aaron. He says that he'll give me a charm for every child eventually, a handy gift idea for any occasion. I almost cried and now I can't wait for the rest of them.

Lloyd had to work on Christmas Day, of course, but Ellen and Jason came and had a turkey dinner with us. All in all it was a wonderful, pleasant but quiet day. Like I said, it's different without little ones but that's not to say it's bad.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good Christmas! Dad is so thoughtful and romantic! You really lucked out with him! Of course, Josh takes after his Father, so I'm a lucky girl also! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I remember that charm bracelet! I'm glad that it's not only not lost, but being completed. I guess it would have to be a very large charm necklace (never-ending, even) to hold charms representing the grandkids :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Have a Baby / Lloyd

I was a graduate student at Yeshiva University on a fellowship with a living stipend that included my wife and children. We had two daughter...