Thursday, April 9, 2009

Random Musings / Judy

Last weekend Michiko and Branden came to visit and they were all excited about seeing conferenced at home on TV. On Saturday Brandon took Grandpa to the priesthood session, which was nice for him. It was fun to have them here; I'm glad they live close enough to visit once in a while.  As usual, conference was wonderful. Probably my favorite talk was Elder Holland's.

We had a sad thing in our ward lately. A week ago Saturday, the 45-year-old daughter of a friend of ours died of Leukemia, then on Monday (9 days later) our friend's husband died. I think he died of a heart attack and I wonder if it was brought on by the death of his daughter. I feel so bad for my friend; talk about a one-two punch.

Tonight is the opening for "Les Miserables" at PCPA and Ben has been working hard on it. He grew his hair long and now has mutton-chop sideburns, which actually don't look as wierd as you'd think. Also, he's been putting in long hours writing a play that some students will put on in a couple weeks (like a reader's theater) and Lloyd and I will be able to go see it. 

And that is all that is happening around here--hardly enough for a decent post, but what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Have a Baby / Lloyd

I was a graduate student at Yeshiva University on a fellowship with a living stipend that included my wife and children. We had two daughter...