Thursday, November 13, 2008

How long, Oh Lord? / Judy




when, oh when can we put this behind us?

I just received an email from my friend, who said I should listen to something on YouTube by Keith Olberman, which I did. Sigh.

They think we don’t understand and if they just say it loud enough and long enough, we’ll “get it.” The fact of the matter is, I don’t think they “get" us about our stance. So what can I say to her? So far we are still friendly and I’d like to keep it that way, but I may have to offend her by saying that homosexuality is a sin.

Meanwhile, here is an interesting little tidbit from a Santa Barbara paper:

“Proposition 8 cuts through the Babel of political scapegoating and speculation swirling around the election’s biggest surprise. The issue of traditional marriage brought together this wild, very unlikely coalition. You have the Catholics, who can’t stand the evangelical Protestants, who can’t stand the Catholics, and then the Mormons, who are outcasts, and hated by everyone [emphasis added]. What was going on here?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Have a Baby / Lloyd

I was a graduate student at Yeshiva University on a fellowship with a living stipend that included my wife and children. We had two daughter...